LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
2019 Annual Report
Recovery Resources Directory
Area Wide Meeting List for AA, NA and Al-Anon
Anonymous We-Tip Hotlines
Report anonymously and be eligible to receive a reward up to $1,000 paid upon arrest & conviction of offender.
The Lac du Flambeau Coalition works collaboratively to prevent and reduce substance abuse, especially among youth, by promoting healthy lifestyles.
A Lac du Flambeau community that embraces their culture and positive healthy lifestyles.
Tribal AmeriCorps Members Recruitment
We are currently taking applications for the 2021-2022 Tribal AmeriCorps Program. If you are interested in applying please contact:
Kim Swisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lashawnda Maulson: email@example.com
COVID-19: Individuals with Substance Use Disorders are at high risk for complications-
• People who smoke tobacco, vape, smoke marijuana, have opioid use disorder, or use methamphetamine are a very vulnerable population to COVID-19 due to the effects the drugs they are using have on the respiratory and pulmonary (heart) health.
• Those with substance use disorder are more likely to experience homelessness or incarceration which increases the possibility of transmission of COVID-19.
• There is large stigma around substance use disorders which is a major risk factor in someone not getting treated for the virus as quick as someone without a substance use disorder.
• Other risk factors include: decreased access to healthcare and disruption to syringe services, medications, and other supports needed
• Smoking tobacco and marijuana/vaping risks:
o Enhanced tissue damage and inflammation in the lungs
o There is limited research with vaping and lung damage, but there is reason to believe that lung damage can occur from vaping
o Lowered ability of the lungs to heal from infections
o Higher chance of developing pneumonia due to lung damage from smoking/vaping
• Opioid and Methamphetamine use disorder risks:
o Opioids slow the breathing and puts those that use them at higher risk of developing pneumonia and other complications related to COVID-19
o Overdoses are more likely to happen due to social distancing because there is a chance that others are not around to be able to administer naloxone to reverse the effects
o Higher chance of mortality if the individual has COVID-19 due to the virus further compromising the lungs
Annals of Internal Medicine